Monday, December 6, 2010

A newie

It just occurred to me how ironic it is that my blog is called BungooStacking. For those of you who don't know, bungoo is a Queensland aboriginal word that means money. To stack bungoo means to make money. At this stage in my life I am doing no such thing. Perhaps, as life goes on I will find ways of making my blog's title true, but for the time being not much bungoo is being stacked. It's a  bit disappointing, really. But I guess I'm a student for the time being so being a bit poor is ok.

My brother moved down to Melbourne semi-recently. I realise that I missed the little fucker a lot while we were living in different towns. I've seen him a bit in the last couple of days and we have been doing what we did when we were kids- hang out, play video games and talk shit. I missed doing this kinda stuff. I'm still better than him at video games but he is taller than me now. I will be moving out of my current place of residence in January, so I teed it up with him that I'll move into his place for a bit. Should be good. For the first week anyway. Haha.

I have been listening to these Die Antwoord guys a bit lately. I think they are fucking hilarious. I can't believe how much hate I have seen for them on the internet. I'm not talking about YouTube comments, because as we all know reading those will rot your mind. I've read a LOT of people talking about how the track 'Evil Boy' is homophobic. What the fuck? How is it homophobic? It's about a bloke who doesn't want to be circumcised. To be fair, I can see how it might be viewed as a bit crude; and I can see how having a mostly naked African man rapping about vaguely sexual/crude things could be considered offensive to some, but I really don't think it is homophobic at all. Check the track out, and tell me what you think.

This Brisbane Party Boy seems to cop it a little as well. http://bnepartyboy.tumblr.com/page/1, if you haven't seen it. I think it is social satire done quite well, this guy even goes to the point of intentionally misspelling words. I have entertained the notion that the pseudo-feud between Party Boy and 'B' could just be fabricated to cross-promote both of their blogs. If so, I tip my hat to both of them, but they seem to be fundamentally opposite so you never really know. I follow this guy's blog. If you're from Brisbane, I recommend it. Funny stuff.

That's enough from me for now. Until next time guys, take it easy.
Peace, Rei.

No comments:

Post a Comment